CAN LPG DAMAGE MY ENGINE?
No. In fact, LPG is a cleaner burning fuel engine, so life is extended and less maintenance is required. The one exception is engines using leaded petrol. These are not suitable and LPG may damage the engine. Remember LPG burns cleaner than petrol.
This means less emissions out of the exhaust and less carbon deposits in the engine. These deposits are very abrasive and can contribute to engine breakdowns. The oil and spark plugs will also last longer.
BENEFITS OF LPG OVER OTHER FUELS
The cost of LPG is half that of Petrol. Yes that’s right half !
The case for LPG over other fuels is compelling.
The benefits for the environment are underpinned by Government initiatives (i.e. reduced taxes and charges). There is also reduced wear and tear on the engine. The points below are just some of the reasons to make the change.
- You’ll be driving in a more environment-friendly way, the gain from the use of Autogas for vehicles are undeniable. Please see section below for details
- In contrast to diesel, cold starting is no problem, engine performance is similar to petrol.
- No spilling when filling your tank and little possibility of theft or pilfering.
- Engine noise is reduced.
- LPG is better than petrol because it reaches the engine in gas form leading to improved combustion.
- The ignition of Autogas is smoother as a result of the higher octane content. No additives are required to guarantee high quality.
- The life of the engine is increased because of the absence of acids and carbon deposits.
- Autogas contains no lead and is therefore cleaner.
- Exhaust emissions contain less harmful substances when compared to petrol and diesel.
- The engine oil does not become diluted with a resulting drop in servicing costs.
WILL THE CONVERSION IMPROVE THE RESALE VALUE OF MY CAR?
This depends entirely on the quality of the system fitted. A good quality, reliable system is akin to having a half price fuel button on the dashboard and will be a good selling point. Unreliable equipment without proper certification will lower the value of the car. We have found that the purchase price of LPG cars (with appropriate certification) are higher, but don’t just take our word for it, take a look at resale values on sites such as E-Bay.
I AM LOOKING ON BEHALF OF A BUSINESS, MY FLEET IS MOSTLY DIESEL POWERED?
This is not uncommon, so make the switch when your vehicles come up for replacement. Let us carry out a cost saving analysis now so you can see the benefits of changing your fleet to run on Autogas